SCUBA Dive Courses – Koh Tao, ThailandCategory: Dive, Thailand
Have you always wanted to learn to scuba dive?
Already got your Open Water but want to gain more experience underwater and build on you existing qualifications?
Or have you just heard about how amazing Koh Tao is and have found out it’s a popular place to get your dive qualification?
Well our epic Dive Experience on the island paradise of Koh Tao will be right up your street then, covering all levels of PADI and SSI Dive qualifications from Discover Scuba Diving right through to Rescue Diver. We have got everything you need to keep your passion and need for a challenge going.
What’s more, Koh Tao is one of the cheapest places in the world to get your Dive certification, so it’s heaps friendly on your travel budget, never a bad thing when you’re trying to balance money with amazing experiences!
With your dive course you can opt to progress one stage at a time or jump in at the deep end and really get involved into the Dive world by tackling 2 or more certifications, so take you can really tailor your diving on Koh Tao to your own needs and time scale.
VIEW ALL DIVE OPTIONS
- Discover Scuba Diving; The perfect place to start for those who want a taster without committing to a full course. You’ll be guided through a few basic skills before being chauffeured around underwater by a fully qualified instructor for 2 dives. Max depth 12m.
- Open Water; Your first step into the world of professional Diving, this course will teach you all the skills needed to get you started. Following a series of pool training sessions and ocean dives, you’ll walk away with a full PADI or SSI qualification. Max depth 18m
- Advanced Open Water; A great bolt on to the OW experience this is a great way to practice your skills (especially buoyancy) and clock up some more dives too. We highly recommend doing the Deep Water Specialty so you can then dive to 30m. Max depth 30m
- Rescue Diver (Including EFR Qualification); So you’ve discovered a real passion for diving and want to take the next step to turning it into a career? The Rescue Diver qualification is the first challenge on that route. Learn to recover missing divers, safely get them to shore and administer life support. It’s a tough module but heaps of fun and it will really solidify your existing dive skills. Max Depth 30m
Of course, whatever you choose to do you’ll get to enjoy the amazing island of Koh Tao with it’s bustling beach side bars, warm waters and great backpacker vibe – a destination which is a firm favourite amongst all the Epic Gap Year team aa well as travellers from all over the globe and one that many return to again and again
After a hard day of Diving and exploring underwater, there’s no better place to kick back and relax with a cold beer and take in the amazing fire shows that line the water front at night…just don’t forget to bring your camera along!
We also suggest a night out with our good friends at the Koh Tao Pub Crawl where lady boy cabarets, pool parties and all round good times will help you settle in and let your hair down!
“I was only going to do my Open Water, but I got hooked and went all the way to Divemaster!”
With accommodation included throughout, you’ll get to know your fellow backpackers and Divers. So you can take a refreshing dip at the pool, grab a bite to eat at the resort restaurant or go exploring the local cuisine together – we highly recommend trying a Massaman Curry!
And there’s plenty to do pre and post dive course too – whether you want to explore some of the many beautiful beaches,take a trip to twin island of Nuang Yuan with it’s amazing viewpoint or simply pack in some more fun dives!
Learning to dive on Koh Tao is a firm bucket list item for many travellers and for good reason – you’ll leave with a new found love for the underwater world and having experiences one of the best island that Thailand has to offer!
- Introduction to Diving right through to professional qualification
- Great value for money, one of the cheapest places to Dive worldwide
- Choose from either PADI or SSI Qualification
- Dive tropical waters with a range of dive sites
- Professional team of experienced Dive Instructors to guide you through
- All classroom materials
- Fully accredited 5* PADI and SSI dive centre
- Great range of dive sites, from deep dives to wrecks and beautiful coral gardens
- World recognised qualifications
- Accommodation throughout
- Full PADI and SSI training curriculum and certification
- All Dive equipment and manuals (and 10% off if you want to buy your own)
- Dives as follows;
- Discover Scuba Dive – 2 Dives
- Open Water – 5 Dives (1 confined, 4 open water)
- Advanced Open Water – 5 Dives
- Rescue Diver – 5 Dives
Koh Tao, Thailand
Length and Cost
- Open Water – 3/4 Days – £195
- Advanced Open Water – 2 days – £165
- Rescue Diver – 2 days – £185*
- Secure your place with just a 10% deposit
PLEASE NOTE: if you choose to go PADI over SSI the PADI course manual is NOT INCLUDED in the price and is an additional £18
*the Rescue Diver course also requires a valid First Aid/CPR qualification less than 2 years old. You can complete an EFR (Emergency First Response) Course on Koh Tao in half a day, costing an additional £65